This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
Having difficulty viewing this email? View it here.
WineRelease.com's October 15, 2012 Monthly Newsletter.
Greetings from WineRelease.com, now 1,886 winery listings strong.
One of our favorite winery events took place over this past month: Kendall Jackson’s Heirloom Tomato Festival. It’s always a beautiful day at the Kendall Jackson estate, and this year proved to be one of the best. Perfect weather (not too hot), and the tomatoes were fabulous. If you haven’t had an opportunity to check this out, I’d highly recommend it.
Kendall Jackson has a large grassy area where the event takes place. In the middle of the field is a large tent filled with (literally) hundreds of tomatoes for sampling. Find your place in line, grab a toothpick, and you’re good to go.
Here are some of our favorites:
Peace Vine Cherry
After we went through about 50, we started to split them up, with my wife and I alternating tastes.
Around the perimeter of the field, many (40+) of Sonoma County’s finest restaurants serve small dishes, featuring tomatoes. From the BLT bread pudding (tomato brioche with a bacon topping) to the tomato ice cream to the shortbread cookies with tomato jam each dish was better than the next.
As part of the festivities, we watched the Top Chef competition, featuring Kendall Jackson’s own estate chef and many former Top Chef contestants. In addition to watching the chefs cook, we had the pleasure of meeting Mario Batali’s father, Armandino Batali, who owns Salumi Artisan Cured Meats (a charcuterie) in Seattle. We talked about our experiences living in Spain, how much we enjoy San Francisco, and of course, our love of great food and wine.
On our way out, we bought 5 lbs of tomatoes to share with friends over dinner. Delicious!
And now, onto the wine.
October 2012 Wine Releases
- Abeja; 2009 Columbia Valley Reserve Bottling Cabernet Sauvignon (100 cases, $85), 2009 Walla Walla Valley Heather Hill Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (104 cases, $55), 2010 Columbia Valley Merlot ($38), 2011 Walla Walla Valley Estate Chardonnay (80 Cases, $40), 2011 Washington State Chardonnay ($36)
- Alta Maria; 2007 Santa Ynez Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (200 cases, $28), 2009 Santa Maria Valley Native9 Pinot Noir (230 cases, $64), 2009 California Autonom Rhone Cuvee (80 cases, $32), 2009 California Autonom Law of Proportions Syrah (50 cases, $42), 2009 California Autonom Law of Return Grenache (80 cases, $44)
- Amici Cellars; 2009 Spring Mountain District Cabernet Sauvignon ($95), 2009 Morisoli Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($125)
- Antica Terra Vineyards; 2010 Antikythera Pinot Noir ($100), 2010 Aurata Chardonnay ($75)
- Araujo Estate Wines; 2009 Napa Valley Eisele Vineyard Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (1,600 cases), 2009 Napa Valley Eisele Vineyard Syrah (340 cases)
- Arkenstone Vineyards; 2009 Syrah (50 cases), 2009 Obsidian Red Blend (450 cases)
- Behrens Family Winery; 2009 Moulds Family Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (182 cases, $80), 2009 The Collector Red Wine (290 cases, $60), 2009 The Knockout Red Wine ($85), 2010 Cemetery Cabernet Sauvignon (220 cases, $125), 2009 The ChangeUp Red Wine (258 cases, $90)
- Bishop’s Peak; 2009 Rincon Vineyard Syrah
- Cafaro Cellars; 2008 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (375 cases, $42)
- Cameron Hughes Wine; 2010 Atlas Peak Lot 333 Cabernet Sauvignon (400 cases, $24), 2010 Chalk Hill Lot 356 Merlot (7,400 cases, $18)
- Chappellet Vineyard; 2010 Napa Valley Signature Cabernet Sauvignon (7,500 cases, $52), 2011 Napa Valley Chardonnay (4,800 cases, $35), 2010 Napa Valley Merlot (750 cases, $38), 2011 Napa Valley Chenin Blanc (1,411 cases, $32), 2010 Napa Valley Napa Valley Zinfandel (725 cases, $38)
- Chase Family Cellars; 2009 Hayne Vineyard Zinfandel, 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009 Petite Sirah
- Chasseur Winery; 2010 Sonoma Valley Durell Vineyard Chardonnay (114 cases, $60), 2010 Russian River Valley Dutton Graton's Choice Vineyard Chardonnay (50 cases, $60), 2010 Russian River Valley Lorenzo Vineyard Chardonnay (211 cases, $60), 2010 Russian River Valley Blank Road Vineyard Pinot Noir (118 cases, $60), 2010 Russian River Valley Dutton Ranch Freestone Station Pinot Noir (177 cases, $60), 2010 Russian River Valley Holder Vineyard Pinot Noir (77 cases, $50), 2010 Russian River Valley Sexton Pinot Noir (99 cases, $55), 2010 Russian River Valley Umino Vineyard Pinot Noir (266 cases, $60)
- Chrysalis Vineyards; 2011 Traminette White Wine ($20), 2011 Borboleta Norton Port-style Red Wine ($33)
- Clos Du Val; NV Napa Valley Cuvee Du Val Brut Chardonnay Sparkling Wine (500 cases, $40)
- Coniglio Wines; 2006 Spring Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon ($45)
- Cornerstone Vineyards; 2009 Napa Valley Stepping Stone Cabernet Franc (775 cases, $35)
- DeSante Wines; 2009 Oakville Terraces Cabernet Sauvignon ($80)
- Detert Family Vineyards; 2009 Cabernet Franc, 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Duckhorn Vineyards; 2009 Napa Valley Monitor Ledge Vineyard Petit Verdot ($60)
- Dutton-Goldfield; 2010 Fox Den Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Enkidu Wine; 2009 Humbaba Rhone Blend ($28)
- Flora Springs Winery; 2011 Ghost Winery Syrah (575 cases, $50)
- Futo; 2010 Oakville OV Estate Red Wine (501 cases, $90)
- Gilbert Cellars; 2011 Columbia Valley Chardonnay
- Goldeneye; 2011 Anderson Valley Split Rail Vineyard Pinot Gris ($35)
- Hestan Vineyards; 2010 San Francisco Bay Estate Chardonnay (367 cases, $50), 2009 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (90 cases, $100), 2008 Napa Valley Meyer Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (960 cases, $45), 2009 Napa Valley Stephanie Proprietary Red Wine (1,367 cases, $60), 2009 Napa Valley Stephanie Cabernet Sauvignon (2,219 cases, $50), 2009 Napa Valley Stephanie Merlot (329 cases, $40)
- JAQK Cellars; 2009 Napa Valley High Roller Cabernet Sauvignon
- Jean Edwards Cellars; 2009 Stagecoach Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (250 cases, $58), 2009 Napa Valley Seventy Four-Forty One Cabernet Sauvignon (125 cases, $58)
- Jelly Jar Wine; 2010 Lake County Jelly Jar Barbera (420 cases, $28)
- John Tyler Wines; 2008 Russian River Valley Bacigalupi Vineyard Zinfandel (336 cases, $38)
- Lagier Meredith Vineyard; 2010 Napa Valley Mount Veeder Syrah (400 cases, $48), 2010 Napa Valley Mount Veeder Mondeuse (41 cases, $42), 2010 Precious Bane Syrah Dessert Wine (50 cases, $46)
- Lail Vineyards; 2010 Blueprint Sauvignon
- Leviathan; 2010 California Red Wine Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Merlot/Syrah ($48)
- Luna Vineyards; 2009 Napa Valley Red Wine Blend ($50)
- MARA Winery; 2010 Laughlin Road Ranch Pinot Noir
- Marston Family Vineyard; 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon (300 cases, $115), 2011 Albion Proprietary White Blend (125 cases, $50)
- Northstar Winery; 2009 Walla Walla Valley Merlot (1,100 cases, $50), 2009 Columbia Valley Merlot (9,500 cases, $41)
- Ojai Vineyard; 2009 Presidio Vineyard Pinot Noir (109 cases, $49)
- Orfila Vineyards; 2011 Element 119 Pinot Noir (857 cases, $40)
- Ovid Wine; 2009 Napa Valley Red Wine Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Merlot/Petit Verdot ($195)
- Paraduxx; 2009 Napa Valley Canvasback Red Wine ($52), 2010 Napa Valley M Blend Red Wine ($40), 2011 Napa Valley V Blend White Wine ($26), 2010 Napa Valley P Blend Red Wine ($40)
- Parallel Wines; 2009 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (1,255 cases, $60)
- Patel Winery; 2009 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (190 cases)
- Patz & Hall Wine Company; 2010 Carneros Hyde Vineyard Chardonnay, 2010 Carneros Hyde Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2010 Russian River Valley Chenoweth Ranch Pinot Noir, 2010 Russian River Valley Burnside Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2011 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
- Peay Vineyards; 2010 Estate Cep Syrah ($22)
- Porter Creek Vineyards; 2009 Napa Valley Atlas Peak Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 Napa Valley Estate Syrah ($47), 2009 Sandpiper Red Blend
- Pott Wines; 2009 Napa Valley Stag’s Leap Actaeon Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009 Rutherford Arsenal Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009 Pritchard Hill Her Majesty’s Secret Service Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 St. Helna La Carte et Le Territoire Cabernet Franc
- Robert Sinskey Vineyards; 2009 Napa Valley Los Carneros Merlot ($42)
- Rombauer Vineyards; 2010 Proprietor Selection Zinfandel ($60)
- Rosenthal - The Malibu Estate; 2007 Malibu Newton Canyon Estate Block M Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011 Central Coast Surfrider Grenache Blanc/Albariño
- Round Pond; 2009 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon ($95), 2011 Reserve Sauvignon Blanc ($42)
- Rudd; 2009 Napa Valley Samantha's Cabernet Sauvignon ($125), 2011 Mt Veeder Sauvignon Blanc ($62)
- Scarecrow Wine; 2010 Monsieur Étain Cabernet Sauvignon ($125)
- Scott Harvey Wines; 2009 Vineyard 1869 Zinfandel ($45)
- Seghesio Family Vineyards; 2009 Il Cinghiale Petite Sirah ($38)
- Spann Vineyards; 2009 Sonoma Valley Four Barrels Cabernet Sauvignon (96 cases, $)
- Spottswoode Winery; 2010 Napa Valley St. Helena Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon (751 cases, $70)
- Spring Valley Vineyard; 2010 Walla Walla Valley Muleskinner Merlot
- Steltzner Vineyards; 2007 Estate Cabernet Franc ($34), 2009 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon ($40), 2008 Estate Martini Clone Cabernet Sauvignon ($55), 2008 Estate Merlot ($34), 2009 Claret ($20), 2009 Estate Sangiovese ($34), 2008 Vintage Merlot Port ($54)
- Swanson Vineyards; 2011 Napa Valley Chardonnay ($45)
- Taylor Family Vineyards; 2007 Stags Leap Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (30 cases, $105)
- Terra Blanca Vineyards; 2007 Signature Series Pantheon, 2008 Arch Terrace Cabernet Franc, 2008 Signature Series Cabernet Franc, 2008 Signature Series Cabernet Sauvignon, 2008 Signature Series Merlot, Lot 2 Arch Terrace Triple Threat
- Three Sticks Winery; 2010 Santa Rita Hills The James Pinot Noir (145 cases)
- Tierra Roja; 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon ($130)
- Toucan Wines; 2010 Estate Petite Sirah (65 cases, $38)
- Trahan Winery; 2009 Petit Verdot, 2009 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- Van Duzer Vineyards; 2010 Estate Pinot Noir
- Vineyard 7 & 8; 2009 Spring Mountain District Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (650 cases, $125), 2010 Spring Mountain District Estate Chardonnay (250 cases, $75)
- Walla Walla Vintners ; 2010 Walla Walla Valley Merlot ($28), 2010 Columbia Valley Malbec ($30), 2010 Walla Walla Valley Syrah ($32)
- Woodhouse Family Cellars; 2007 Columbia Valley Rattlesnake Hills Darighe Bordeaux Blend ($58)
- ZD Wines; NV Napa Valley Abacus XIV Cabernet Sauvignon
November 2012 Wine Releases
- àMaurice Cellars; 2009 Fred Syrah ($47), 2009 Night Owl Blend Cabernet Sauvignon/Petite Verdot/Cabernet Franc, 2009 Amparo Malbec ($47)
- Carlisle Winery & Vineyards ; 2010 Sonoma Valley Bedrock Vineyard Mourvèdre (136 cases, $36.50), 2010 Russian River Valley Old Vine Zinfandel (270 cases, $43), 2010 Russian River Valley Martinelli Road Vineyard Zinfandel (286 cases, $43), 2010 Sonoma Valley Bedrock Vineyard Zinfandel (228 cases, $43), 2010 Sonoma Valley Monte Rosso Vineyard Zinfandel (420 cases, $43), 2010 Russian River Valley Two Acres Red Wine (130 cases, $43), 2010 Bennett Valley Syrah (485 cases, $30), 2010 Paso Robles James Berry Vineyard Syrah (170 cases, $48), 2010 Santa Lucia Highlands Rosella's Vineyard Syrah (60 cases, $40), 2010 Dry Creek Valley Petite Sirah (40 cases, $36.50)
- Carter Cellars; 2010 Beckstoffer To Kalon Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 Beckstoffer To Kalon The Grand Daddy Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 Coliseum Block Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 Hossfeld Coliseum Red Blend, 2010 Truchard Vineyard Merlot
- Dutton-Goldfield; 2010 Devil’s Gulch Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Lail Vineyards; 2009 Howell Mountain Mole Hill Cabernet Sauvignon (140 cases, $250)
- Lamborn Family Vineyards; 2009 Vintage VII Cabernet Sauvignon
- Penner-Ash Wine Cellars; 2011 Yamhill Carlton AVA Pinot Noir, 2011 Dundee Hills AVA Pinot Noir
- Ram's Gate Vineyards; 2009 Sonoma Valley Winemaker's Cuvee Cabernet Sauvignon (173 cases)
- Rasa Vineyards; 2009 QED Syrah/Grenache/Mourvèdre/Viognier (619 cases, $50), 2009 Principia Reserve Syrah (125 cases, $85), 2009 Plus One (140 cases, $75), 2009 in Order to form a more perfect Union (278 cases, $95), 2009 Creative Impulse (254 cases, $95)
- Reynvaan Family Vineyards; 2010 Stonessence Syrah ($65), 2010 The Contender Syrah ($60), 2010 In the Rocks Syrah ($50), 2010 The Unnamed Syrah ($50)
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon (500 cases, $30), 2009 Gunselman Bench Cabernet Sauvignon (100 cases, $35), 2009 Inspiration, Reserve Red Wine (100 cases, $45)
- Siduri Wines; 2011 Sonoma Coast Sexton Vineyard Pinot Noir ($49), 2011 Ewald Vineyard Pinot Noir ($49)
- St. Josef's Wine Cellar; 2009 Wight Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Tara Bella Winery; 2010 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Torii Mor Winery; 2010 Nysa Vineyard Pinot Noir
- VIADER Vineyards & Winery; 2011 DARE by Viader Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wharton; 2010 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($36)
- Woodinville Wine Company; 2009 Indomitable, 2009 Petit Verdot
- ZD Wines; 2009 Napa Valley Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (650 cases, $135)
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 121 winery information pages have been updated since September 15, 2012:
Wine Quote of the Month: "There are two reasons for drinking wine...when you are thirsty, to cure it; the other, when you are not thirsty, to prevent it... prevention is better than cure. Thomas Love Peacock
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Forlorn Hope Wines,
Jelly Jar Wine,
Stein Family Wines,
VIADER Vineyards & Winery,
Vineyard 7 & 8,
Wharton Wines and
Wrath. They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for the next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2012 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email mailATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123