This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's January 15, 2020 Monthly Newsletter.
Happy New Year from WineRelease.
This month we had 25 winery updates and 16 wineries releasing wine.
Hope you had a great holiday.
For New Year's Eve dinner, I dry aged a bone-in rib roast for a month and another for a month but wrapped in cheesecloth and doused once a week with Bourbon (wet aged) and we also cooked a regular bone-in rib roast for comparison.
Everyone agreed the Bourbon aged bone-in tasted the best as it was extremely tender and had great depth of flavor. I started wet aging two more bone-in rib roasts for dinners next month. We don’t eat much meat nowadays so it is a real treat to eat dry aged beef.
And now, onto the wine releases...
January 2020 Wine Releases
- Arnot-Roberts; 2019 Rosé of Touriga Nacional
- Bodacious Wines; 2017 Napa Valley Bodacious Red Blend Petit Verdot/Malbec ($60)
- C.G. Di Arie Vineyard and Winery; 2013 Touriga Nacional
- Cameron Hughes Wine; 2018 Napa Valley Carneros Lot 704 Pinot Noir (2,000 cases, $16)
- Di Costanzo; 2017 Sonoma Moon Mountain District Montecillo Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (140 cases, $95), 2017 Napa Valley Coombsville Farella Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (70 cases, $115)
- Etude Wines; 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Fulcrum Wines; 2018 Sonoma Coast On Point Pinot Noir (224 cases, $39)
- Hunnicutt; 2017 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018 Russian River Valley CUTT Pinot Noir ($48), 2018 Russian River Valley CUTT Chardonnay ($45), 2017 Cuvée Équité ($85), 2017 Napa Valley Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon ($125)
- La Jota Vineyard; 2016 Napa Valley Howell Mountain W.S. Keyes Vineyard Merlot
- Lobo Wines; 2018 Napa Valley Chardonnay ($60)
- McKahn Family Cellars; 2017 Livermore Valley Petite Sirah, 2017 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Syrah
- Paul Mathew Vineyards; 2015 Bohemian Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2015 Ruxton Vineyard Pinot Noir, 2015 TNT Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Pend d' Oreille Winery; 2018 Cabernet Franc
- Rhys Vineyards; 2017 Santa Cruz Mountains Alesia Pinot Noir ($49), 2017 Anderson Valley Alesia Chardonnay ($45)
- Ridge Vineyards; 2017 Dry Creek Valley Guadagni Zinfandel ($35)
- Villa del Monte; 2018 Lindhill Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé
February 2019 Wine Releases
- Acorn Winery; 2016 Russian River Valley Alegria Vineyards Axiom Syrah (240 cases, $48)
- Anthem Winery; 2016 Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bainbridge Island Winery; NV Farmstead Red Pinot Noir/Regent Blend
- Broman Cellars; 2019 Sauvignon Blanc
- Cobden Wini; 2017 Oakville Old Federal Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Donedei; 2017 Merlot (360 cases, $30), 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon (400 cases, $30), 2016 Gold (90 cases, $44)
- Dracaena Wines; 2017 Plummer Vineyard Reserve Cabernet Franc ($45)
- Fulcrum Wines; 2018 Anderson Valley Conzelman Vineyard Pinot Noir (115 cases, $64), 2018 Russian River Valley Hogan's Run Vineyard Pinot Noir (97 cases, $64)
- Iron Hub Winery; 2018 Rose', 2016 Clockspring Zinfandel, 2016 Old Vine Zinfandel
- Pend d' Oreille Winery; 2018 Merlot, 2018 Sangiovese, 2018 Grenache, 2019 Albarino
- Perliss Vineyards; 2017 The Ravens Cabernet Sauvignon
- Purple Star Wines; 2019 Rosé
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2016 Phinny Cabernet Sauvignon
- Round Pond; 2017 Proprietary Super Tuscan Blend Cabernet Sauvignon/Sangiovese (533 cases, $88), 2017 Proprietary Right Bank Blend Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Merlot (197 cases, $110)
- School House Vineyard; 2017 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Chardonnay (100 cases, $50), 2016 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Pinot Noir(350 cases, $65), 2016 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Zin Blend(300 cases, $36), 2016 Napa Valley Spring Mountain District Syrah Blend (300 cases, $32), 2018 Chateau-woof-da-pup (140 cases, $40)
- Silver Oak Cellars; 2015 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($125)
- Wrath Wines; 2017 Monterey San Saba Vineyard Syrah, 2017 Santa Lucia Highlands KW Ranch Syrah, 2017 Monterey Destruction Level, Syrah-Grenache, 2017 Monterey Alta Loma Vineyard Grenache
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 25 winery information pages have been updated since December 15, 2019:
Wine Quote of the Month: "There are two reasons for drinking wine...when you are thirsty, to cure it; the other, when you are not thirsty, to prevent it... prevention is better than cure. Thomas Love Peacock
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2018 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123