This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's May 15, 2020 Monthly Newsletter.
This month we had 101 winery updates and 71 wineries releasing wine. Sorry for the publishing delay.
Last month I mentioned how a number of wineries are doing virtual tastings.
I was one of 60-70 who livestreamed a tasting from Beckmen Vineyards where Steve Beckmen, winemaker, as he took us through a few white and red recent releases and answered questions from attendees.
Even if you have been to wine tastings in person, I highly recommend trying out virtual tastings.
Check your favorite winery Facebook and/or Instagram accounts for announcements.
And now, onto the wine releases...
May 2020 Wine Releases
- Acorn Winery; 2016 Russian River Valley Alegria Vineyards Heritage Vines Zinfandel (351 cases, $50), 2014 Russian River Valley Alegria Vineyards Acorn Hill (187 cases, $48)
- Au Bon Climat; 2018 Santa Maria Valley Clendenen Family Vineyards Rancho La Cuna Vineyard Grenache Gris ($22.50), 2017 Paso Robles Shell Creek Vineyards Gamay 15 ($22.50)
- Baca Wines; 2018 Sonoma County Pinch Hitter Carignan ($40)
- Bacio Divino; 2017 Proprietary Red Wine ($100)
- Bannister Wines; 2019 Russian River Valley Rosé of Pinot Noir, 2019 Alexander Valley Scheurebe
- Beckmen Vineyards; 2018 Chenin Blanc, 2018 Purisima Mountain Vineyard Grenache, 2018 Purisima Mountain Vineyard Syrah, 2018 Purisima Mountain Vineyard Syrah Clone 1
- Betz Family Winery; 2019 Rose Cache Grenache Rose ($28), 2017 Washington Untold Story Red Blend ($35), 2018 Quinta Essentia Chenin Blanc ($42)
- Boar's View; 2019 The Coast Pinot Noir (800 cases, $125), 2019 Estate Chardonnay (152 cases, $200)
- Brasswood Estate (formerly Cairdean Estate); 2017 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (230 cases, $65)
- Broc Cellars; 2019 Trousseau Noir ($30), 2019 Amore Bianco ($28), 2019 Amore Rosso ($28)
- Brochelle Vineyards; 2017 Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon (175 cases, $47)
- C.G. Di Arie Vineyard and Winery; 2017 Grenache ($35)
- Cameron Hughes Wine; 2018 Lodi Lot 730 Zinfandel (1,500 cases, $13), 2017 Sonoma County Lot 712 Zinfandel (200 cases, $16), 2018 Russian River Valley CAM Collection Chardonnay (2,600 cases, $16)
- Cameron Winery; 2018 Dundee Hills Pinot Noir, 2019 Ramato of Pinot Grigio
- Carica ; 2019 Rosé ($27), 2019 California Mourvedre Nouveau ($25)
- Carter Cellars; 2018 Beckstoffer To Kalon The O.G. Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018 Beckstoffer To Kalon The Grand Daddy Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018 Beckstoffer To Kalon The Three Kings Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018 Beckstoffer Las Piedras La Verdad Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018 Beckstoffer Las Piedras La BAM Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018 Weitz Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Ceritas Wines; 2018 Charles Heintz Chardonnay, 2018 Zephyr Chardonnay, 2018 Elliott Pinot Noir, 2018 Trout Gulch Pinot Noir
- Chase Family Cellars; 2019 Hayne Vineyard Zinfandel Rosé (214 cases, $36)
- Corison Winery; 2018 Anderson Valley Corazón Gewürztraminer (150 cases, $35)
- Correlation Wine Company; 2019 Sauvignon Blanc, 2019 Rosé
- De Novo Wines; 2019 Rosé of Cabernet Sauvignon ($20)
- Eleven Eleven Wines; 2017 Laki's Vineyard Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (400 cases, $125), 2017 Napa Valley Oak Knoll Destin Vineyard Estate Syrah (242 cases, $70)
- Fairchild Estate; 2017 Stones Chardonnay
- Fait-Main Wines; 2018 Fulldraw Vineyard GSM Blend
- Ferrari-Carano Vineyards and Winery; 2019 Alexander Valley Viognier ($32), 2018 Russian River Valley Fiorella Chardonnay ($38), 2018 Russian River Valley Dominique Chardonnay ($38), 2018 Dry Creek Valley Sangiovese ($42)
- Fulcrum Wines; 2018 Petaluma Gap Gap's Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir (214 cases, $70), 2018 Carneros Wildcat Mountain Vineyard Pinot Noir (151 cases, $64)
- Gallica; 2019 Calaveras Rorick Heritage Vineyard Albariño ($38), 2017 Oakville Ranch Vineyard Cabernet Franc ($180)
- Gibbs Napa Valley; 2019 Napa Valley Centa Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (322 cases, $22)
- Gran Moraine; 2017 Yamhill-Carlton Dropstone Chardonnay ($80), 2017 Yamhill-Carlton Upland Pinot Noir ($65)
- Green & Red Vineyard; 2017 Catacula Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc ($24)
- Gundlach Bundschu Winery; 2019 Sonoma Coast Sauvignon Blanc ($27)
- Hope & Grace; 2016 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir ($58), 2019 Russian River Valley Rosé of Pinot Noir ($28)
- Kelleher Family Vineyard; 2018 Sonoma Coast Ten Grand Pinot Noir ($65)
- Ken Brown Wines; 2019 Santa Barbara County Rosé (54 cases, $28)
- Kind Cellars; 2018 Russian River Valley Starscape Vineyard Pinot Noir ($65)
- Kiona Vineyards Winery; 2017 Red Mountain Estate Malbec ($35)
- Knighton Family Vineyards; 2016 Napa Valley Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon ($135)
- La Frenz; 2019 Sauvignon Blanc, 2019 Knorr Vineyard Semillon, 2019 Viognier, 2019 Riesling 21B, 2019 Riesling 49, 2019 Alexandria Muscat/Schonburger, 2018 Desperation Hill Pinot Noir, 2019 Chardonnay, 2019 Unoaked Chardonnay, 2019 Pinot Noir Rose, 2017 Malbec, 2017 Merlot, 2017 Syrah, 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Leto Cellars; 2019 Napa Valley Mt. Veeder Rosé of Merlot (50 cases, $18)
- Lewis Cellars; 2018 Debbie's Cuvee Sauvignon Blanc ($60)
- Lobo Wines; 2016 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Napa Valley Merlot
- Longboard Vineyards; 2019 Watergirl Rosé ($28)
- MacRostie Winery; 2019 Russian River Valley Clockwise Sauvignon Blanc ($30)
- McKahn Family Cellars; 2018 Amador County Grenache
- Neal Family Vineyards; 2017 Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Rutherford Dust Cabernet Sauvignon (248 cases), 2017 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pahlmeyer; 2018 Sonoma County Jayson Pinot Noir ($50), 2019 Jayson Sauvignon Blanc ($30), 2019 Sonoma Coast Jayson Rosé of Pinot Noir ($25)
- Pali Wine Company; 2016 Sta. Rita Hills Estate Sparkling Rosé of Pinot Noir (33 cases, $59)
- Pend d' Oreille Winery; 2019 Rose, 2019 Pinot Gris
- Quintessa; 2017 Napa Valley Rutherford Estate Bordeaux-Style Red Wine ($200)
- R&B Cellars; 2017 Lake County Reprise Roussanne (150 cases, $35)
- Rasa Vineyards; 2019 Columbia Valley Gamache Vineyard Occam’s Razor Pinot Gris (470 cases, $18)
- Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery; N/V Charmat Rosé ($27.80)
- Red Thread Wine Company; 2018 Howell Mountain Sparkly Rose, 2019 Howell Mountain Rose
- Rideau Vineyard; 2019 Rosé Syrah/Grenache/Mourvèdre (90 cases, $28)
- Ridge Vineyards; 2017 Alexander Valley Boatman Zinfandel ($36)
- Robert Biale Vineyards; 2018 Napa Valley Royal Punishers Petite Sirah
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2016 Gunselman Bench Cabernet Sauvignon, 2019 Rose
- Robert Mondavi Winery; 2019 Napa Valley Rosé ($29)
- Round Pond; 2017 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon ($75), 2019 Rutherford Rosato di Nebbiolo (413 cases, $32)
- Seven of Hearts; 2019 Dundee Hills Tukwilla Vineyard Pinot Gris (217 cases, $21), 2019 Willamette Valley Luminous Hills Luminous Hills Vineyard Rosé of Pinot Noir (87 cases, $24), 2019 Ice Prince Pinot Noir Sweet Wine (137 375ml cases, $28 per 375ml)
- Siduri Wines; 2018 Russian River Valley Perry Ranch Vineyard Pinot Noir ($55), 2018 Russian River Valley Barbieri Vineyard Pinot Noir ($55), 2018 Santa Barbara Pinot Noir ($30), 2018 Sta. Rita Hills John Sebastiano Vineyard Pinot Noir ($60), 2018 Santa Lucia Highlands Soberanes Vineyard Pinot Noir ($55), 2018 Santa Lucia HIghlands Sierra Mar Vineyard Pinot Noir ($55), 2018 Santa Lucia Highlands Rosella's Vineyard Pinot Noir ($65), 2018 Russian River Pinot Noir ($40), 2018 Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir ($40), 2018 Anderson Valley Edmeades Vineyard Pinot Noir ($55)
- Silver Oak Cellars; 2014 Alexander Valley Six Cabernet Sauvignon (180 cases)
- Talley Vineyards; 2017 Paso Robles Santa Margarita Vineyard Mano Tinta Cabernet Sauvignon/Malbec/Petit Verdot ($34), 2019 Edna Valley Stone Corral Vineyard Pinot Noir Rosé ($34), 2019 Grüner Veltliner ($34)
- Three Sticks Winery; 2018 Durell Vineyard Pinot Blanc
- Torrin; 2017 Lagom
- Waters Winery; 2018 Walla Walla Valley Waterstone Syrah (250 cases, $60), 2019 Waterstone Vineyard Prelude Rhône Style White Roussanne/Viognier (350 cases, $28), 2014 Wahluke Slope Stone Tree Vineyards How Gravy Train Malbec (30 cases, $45)
- Westport Winery; NV Yakima Valley Inland Vineyard Medusa Albariño ($28)
- White Rock Vineyards; 2019 Napa Valley Rosé (40 cases, $42)
- William Hill Estate Winery; 2018 Napa Valley Benchmark Chardonnay (100 cases, $75)
- Youngberg Hill Vineyard; 2016 Natasha Pinot Noir, 2016 J Block Pinot Noir
- Zeitgeist Cellars; 2016 Napa Valley St. Helena Lewelling Ranch Grove Cabernet Sauvignon ($150)
June 2020 Wine Releases
- Cameron Winery; 2019 Giuliano
- Homefire Cellars; 2018 Daydream, 2018 Hales Vineyard Zinfandel
- Jean Edwards Cellars; 2018 Rutherford Dalla Gasperina Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc, 2019 Cooper's Cuvee Blackpaw Red Collar Rose'
- La Frenz; NV Liqueur Muscat, NV Tawny Port, 2019 Vintage Port Style, 2018 Ensemble Sauvignon Blanc/Semillon, 2018 Reserve Chardonnay, 2018 Vivant Viognier/Chardonnay/Rousanne, 2018 Reserve Pinot Noir, 2017 Grand Total Reserve, 2016 Aster
- Lewis Cellars; 2019 Sauvignon Blanc ($40)
- Paul Mathew Vineyards; 2018 Russian River Valley Viognier
- Pedroncelli Winery & Vineyards; 2018 Mother Clone Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel
- Pend d' Oreille Winery; 2018 Petit Verdot
- Sightglass Cellars; 2019 Sauvignon Blanc, 2018 Red Blend
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 101 winery information pages have been updated since April 15, 2020:
Wine Quote of the Month: "Let us have wine and women, mirth and laughter, sermons and soda water the day after. George Gordon Byron
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2020 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123