This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's July 15, 2020 Monthly Newsletter.
This month we had 72 winery updates and 33 wineries releasing wine.
If you like learning about wine as much as I do, here is a vine grafting video with Mark Pisoni (Pisoni Family Vineyards) and his crew grafting grape vines.
During the short ability to dine indoors, we had a wonderful dinner at Press in St. Helena. Although they have an excellent domestic wine list, we asked for something different and the sommelier brought over a few French White Burgundies and also an Italian Chardonnay. We ended up choosing the 2016 La Spinetta Lidia Chardonnay from the Piedmonte region of Italy.
Although the wine spent time in oak, it was fresh and clean with tropical flavors and a mineral finish. I like getting sommelier recommendations.
And now, onto the wine releases...
July 2020 Wine Releases
- Alpha Omega Winery; 2018 Napa Valley Beckstoffer Dr. Crane Cabernet Sauvignon ($245)
- Arnot-Roberts; 2019 Dry Creek Valley Handal-Denier Vineyard Falanghina, 2019 North Coast Trousseau, 2019 El Dorado Gamay, 2019 Sonoma Coast Syrah, 2019 Mokelumne River Kirschenmann Vineyard Zinfandel
- Ashes & Diamonds; 2019 Napa Valley Oak Knoll District No. 2 Merlot (250 cases, $49)
- Baca Wines; 2019 Ring Around the Rosé
- Benovia Winery; 2018 Russian River Valley Courageous Care Pinot Noir ($40)
- Big Basin Vineyards; 2018 Santa Cruz Mountains Howard Family Vineyard Chardonnay (230 cases, $48), 2017 Santa Cruz Mountains Ferrari Family Vineyard Pinot Noir (200 cases, $65), 2016 Gabilan Mountains GSM Grenache/Syrah/Mourvedre (495 cases, $44), 2017 Gabilan Mountains Brosseau Vineyard Odeon Cabernet Sauvignon/Syrah/Viognier (70 cases, $65)
- C.G. Di Arie Vineyard and Winery; 2019 Sierra Foothills Estate Grown Sauvignon Blanc ($25)
- Calcareous Vineyard; 2018 Paso Robles Devil’s Canyon Syrah ($56)
- Cameron Hughes Wine; 2018 Sonoma County Knights Valley Lot 727 Merlot (500 cases, $16), 2017 Santa Barbara County Lot 675 Chardonnay (1,000 cases, $14), 2018 Russian River Valley Lot 729 Pinot Noir (1500 cases, $16)
- Cielo Estate; 2019 El Dorado County White Barbera, 2019 Sonoma Sauvignon Blanc
- Cordant Nelle Winery; 2018 Paso Robles Nelle Pinwheel Grenache Blanc/Roussanne/Viognier (93 cases, $44)
- Corison Winery; 2019 Corazón Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé ($40)
- Domaine Chandon; 2019 Pet Nat ($40)
- Domaine De La Cote; 2018 Sta. Rita Hills Memorious Pinot Noir, 2018 Sta. Rita Hills Bloom's Field Pinot Noir, 2018 Sta. Rita Hills La Côte Pinot Noir, 2018 Sta. Rita Hills Sous le Chęne Pinot Noir, 2018 Sta. Rita Hills Estate DDLC Pinot Noir (290 cases, $50)
- Dominus Estate; 2017 Napa Valley Estate Napanook Red Wine
- Gilbert Cellars; 2014 Horse Heaven Hills Reserve Number 2 Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot ($55)
- Hill Family Estate; 2016 Napa Valley Red Door Cabernet Sauvignon/Petit Verdot/Malbec ($95)
- Jason's Vineyard; 2017 Merlot, 2019 North Fork of Long Island Sauvignon Blanc ($25)
- Kelleher Family Vineyard; 2019 Russian River Valley D&D Rosé of Pinot Noir (135 cases, $42), 2018 Napa Valley Oakville Block 21 Sauvignon Blanc (360 cases, $34)
- Ketcham Estate; 2018 Alexander Valley Saini Ranch Cab Renee Cabernet Sauvignon ($80)
- Knudsen Vineyards; 2019 Willamette Valley Dundee Hills Rosé ($30)
- Laetitia Vineyard and Winery; 2019 Santa Barbara County Nadia Grenache Rosé ($25)
- Ledson Winery; 2017 Redwood Valley Ricetti Lane Zinfandel ($28)
- Long Meadow Ranch; 2019 Anderson Valley Rosé of Pinot Noir ($26)
- Martin Ray Winery ; 2019 Russian River Valley Dutton Ranch Mrs. George Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (40 cases, $25)
- Matthews Cellars; 2019 Columbia Valley Sauvignon Blanc (1,450 cases, $24)
- Outpost Estate Wines; 2017 Napa Valley Howell Mountain The Other Petite Sirah ($65), 2018 Napa Valley Howell Mountain Grenache ($55), 2018 Napa Valley Howell Mountain Zinfandel ($55)
- Patland Estate Vineyards; 2016 Napa Valley Chardonnay (300 cases, $60)
- Pend d' Oreille Winery; 2018 Loeuvre
- Round Pond; 2018 Proprietary White Wine Sauvignon Blanc/Semillon/Viognier (413 cases, $20), 2017 Proprietary Super Tuscan Cabernet Sauvignon/Sangiovese (94 cases, $88)
- Smith Story Wine Cellars; 2017 Sonoma Mountain Pickberry Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon ($75)
- T-Vine Cellars; 2018 California Hallowed Ground Zinfandel/Petite Sirah/Carignane/Viognier
- Ty Caton Vineyards; 2019 Dry Creek Valley Grenache Blanc (32 cases, $40)
August 2020 Wine Releases
- Ceritas Wines; 2018 Carex Chardonnay, 2018 Porter Bass Chardonnay, 2018 Senna Pinot Noir, 2018 Hellenthal “Old Shop Block” Pinot Noir
- Fulcrum Wines; 2018 North Coast On Point Winemaker's Selection Pinot Noir (224 cases, $39)
- Hudson Ranch and Vineyards; 2018 Estate Chardonnay ($65), 2018 Estate Phoenix ($65)
- Jean Edwards Cellars; 2017 Stagecoach Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Mt. Veeder Yates Family Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017 Oak Knoll Merlot, 2017 Rutherford Malbec
- Lewis Cellars; 2018 Ethan's Syrah ($45), 2018 Alec's Blend ($65), 2018 Napa Syrah ($75), 2018 Mason's Cabernet ($65)
- Muret-Gaston; 2019 Chardonnay
- Optima Winery; 2016 Knights Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Robert Karl Cellars; 2016 Merlot
- Seven Stones Winery; 2017 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Silver Oak Cellars; 2016 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 72 winery information pages have been updated since June 15, 2020:
Wine Quote of the Month: "Beer is made by men, wine by God. Martin Luther
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2020 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123