This email was sent to you by WineRelease.com.
To ensure delivery to your inbox please add "nmonnens@WineRelease.com" to your address book or safe list.
View in Browser.
WineRelease.com's April 15, 2022 Monthly Newsletter.
This month we had 102 winery updates and 49 wineries releasing wine.
Long time subscribers will remember I used to have Dinner Club back in early 2000�s. Well, we started it here in Paris with two other couples. The goal of dinner club is to try out new recipes each week, but with 6 people, you are cooking every six weeks. On Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights, the person cooking decides, we all get together at the cooks house for a night of experimentation. The cook oversees the whole meal and must cook at least one thing he/she�s never cooked, and all the recipes have to be new to the cook.
So last week I cooked razor clams, Jerusalem Artichoke a new salmon recipe, Slow-Roasted Salmon with Walnut-Olive Vinaigrette and white asparagus. It was so fun to cook new recipes and figure out what wines will pair with the meal. I highly recommend starting Dinner Club with your friends.
So that brings me to my other recommendation. I love watching Jacques Pepin cooking videos. A few months back I watched Jacques Pepin on the history of his hand-painted menus and a how-to. where he showcases his dinner books. When he has friends/family over for dinner, he writes the menu, wines, guests, etc...
So I recommend you buy and bring out your 'dinner book' when you have friends/family over for dinner and write the menu, wines drank, guests who attended and then have your guests write comments, their thoughts, whatever... Then in 40 years when you are looking over photo books, you can look over your dinner books and remember the many meals and wines you enjoyed with friends and family. We started ours in January and have a dozen pages done.
And now, onto the wine releases...
April 2022 Wine Releases
- Amici Cellars; 2020 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay ($30)
- Ampelos Cellars; 2020 Sta Rita Hills Piquette ($20), 2020 Martian Vineyard Orange Albarino ($32), 2021 Martian Vineyard Clairette Blanche ($30), 2019 Santa Ynzez Vineyard Carignane ($35)
- Atticus Estate Vineyard & Winery; 2021 Estate Pinot Noir Ros� ($30)
- Auteur; 2021 Sonoma Coast Ros� of Pinot Noir (190 cases, $30)
- Axios Wine; 2019 Kalaris Cabernet Sauvignon
- B. Kosuge Wines; 2021 Carneros Ros� of Pinot Noir ($20)
- Beckmen Vineyards; 2020 Ballard Canyon Purisima Mountain Vineyard Libre Grenache ($65)
- Behrens Family Winery; NV The Road Les Traveled VII Cabernet Sauvignon/Petite Sirah (444 cases, $40), 2017 The Passenger Petite Sirah/Cabernet Sauvigon (220 cases, $60), 2018 Labor of Love Cabernet Franc/Cabernet Sauvigon/Petit Verdot (147 cases, $150)
- Benovia Winery; 2018 La Pommeraie Chardonnay, 2021 Ros� of Pinot Noir, 2018 Tilton Hill Pinot Noir
- Benziger Family Winery; 2021 Dry Creek Valley Frank Johnson Frank Johnson Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc (456 cases, $29), 2021 Pine Mountain/Cloverdale Peak Upper Ridge Vineyard Tempranillo Ros� (190 cases, $30)
- Bet the Farm Winery; 2021 Finger Lakes Dry Ros� of Gamay
- Bokisch Vineyards; 2021 Lodi Vista Luna Vineyard Garnacha Blanca ($26)
- Bolan Wines; 2018 Russian River Valley Kiamberell Vineyard Pinot Noir ($60)
- Cakebread Cellars; 2021 Anderson Valley Vin de Porche Ros� ($30)
- Calcareous Vineyard; 2020 Paso Robles Grenache ($60)
- Cami Vineyards; 2019 CAMi Vineyards Estate Red Blend Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon (95 cases)
- Chanin; 2020 Zotovich Vineyard Chardonnay ($55), 2020 Zotovich Vineyard Pinot Noir ($65)
- Complant Wine; 2019 Napa Valley Linda Vista Vineyard Chardonnay (116 cases), 2018 Napa Valley Mt Veeder Beller Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (221 cases), 2018 Santa Lucia Highlands Soberanes Vineyard Pinot Noir (123 cases)
- Concannon Vineyard ; 2021 Livermore Valley Ros� of Petite Sirah (650,457 cases, $28)
- Crocker & Starr; 2021 Estate Sauvignon Blanc, 2021 Napa Valley AVA Sauvignon Blanc, 2019 Estate Malbec
- Daou Vineyards; 2021 Paso Robles Adelaida District Reserve Ros� of Grenache ($40)
- Dunstan; 2021 Ros�
- Eleven Eleven Wines; 2021 Napa Valley Oak Knoll District Destin Vineyard Estate Ros� of Syrah ($32)
- Fearless Wines; 2021 Ros�, 2021 Blanc
- Gallica; 2021 Napa Valley St. Helena Estate Ros� ($28), 2021 Calaveras Rorick Vineyard Albari�o ($38)
- Gundlach Bundschu Winery; 2021 Sonoma Coast Rhinefarm Ros� of Pinot Noir ($27)
- Homefire Cellars; 2019 Firework Zinfandel
- Hossfeld Vineyards; 2018 Estate Coliseum Block Cabernet Sauvignon (61 cases), 2019 Carneros Pinot Noir (31 cases), 2018 Flagpole Block Estate Malbec, 2017 Estate Merlot
- Journeyman; 2020 Sonoma County Russian River Valley Chardonnay ($48), 2020 Sonoma County Green Valley Pinot Noir ($54), 2021 Sonoma County Rose' ($32)
- Kelly Fleming Wines; 2019 Napa Valley Sage Creek Vineyard Estate Big Pour Cabernet Sauvignon/Malbec (440 cases, $90)
- Las Jaras Wines; 2021 Glou Glou Red Blend ($28)
- Levo Wine; 2020 California Grenache ($62), 2020 California Syrah ($62), 2020 California Petite Sirah ($62), 2021 California White Wine Grenache Blanc/Petit Manseng/Clairette Blanche (50 cases, $54)
- Liminal; 2020 Columbia Valley Red Mountain WeatherEye Vineyard GSM ($60), 2020 Red Mountain WeatherEye Vineyard High Canyon Block Grenache ($85), 2020 Red Mountain WeatherEye Vineyard High Canyon Block Syrah ($85), 2020 Columbia Valley Block 16 Syrah ($70), 2020 Red Mountain WeatherEye Vineyard Block 47 Cabernet Sauvignon ($125), 2020 Columbia Valley Red Mountain WeatherEye Vineyard Block 10 Cabernet Franc ($90), 2020 Red Mountain WeatherEye Vineyard High Canyon Block Viognier ($50)
- Lobo Wines; 2021 Napa Valley Rose of Pinot Noir (200 cases, $28)
- Long Meadow Ranch; 2021 Anderson Valley Ros� of Pinot Noir ($26)
- MacRostie Winery; 2021 Sonoma Coast Ros� of Pinot Noir ($30), 2021 Clockwise Sauvignon Blanc ($30)
- McKahn Family Cellars; 2021 Catie's Corner Vineyard Viognier (250 cases, $38), 2019 Napa Valley Syrah (150 cases, $65)
- One Wines; 2020 One White Wine
- Patel Winery; 2020 Rutherford Sauvignon Blanc (150 cases, $60), 2019 Napa Valley Red Wine Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon (200 cases, $75)
- Perliss Vineyards; 2020 The Serpents
- Quilceda Creek; 2019 Horse Heaven Hills Palengat Cabernet Sauvignon ($255), 2019 Horse Heaven Hills Tchelistcheff Cabernet Sauvignon ($225)
- Rasa Vineyards; 2018 Principia Reserve Syrah (116 cases, $115), 2018 Veritas Sequitur Grenache/Syrah (122 cases, $115), 2016 Fianchetto Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot/Cabernet Franc (88 cases, $115)
- Red Tail Ridge Winery; 2021 Finger Lakes RTR Estate Vineyard Dry Riesling (767 cases, $23)
- Robert Sinskey Vineyards; 2017 Los Carneros Pinot Blanc ($22 per 375ml), 2015 Napa Valley Los Carneros Merlot (487 cases, $52)
- Rockway Vineyards; 2021 Charmat Riesling, 2021 Pinot Gris, 2021 Clubhouse Red
- Salvestrin Wine Company; 2020 Napa Valley St. Helena Dr Crane Vineyard Sangiovese ($65), 2021 Napa Valley Vin Ros� ($35)
- Scherrer Winery; 2021 Sonoma County Dry Ros� (320 cases, $26), 2019 Alexander Valley Estate Chardonnay (136 cases, $42), 2020 Alexander Valley Old & Mature Vines Zinfandel (800 cases, $42), 2020 Alexander Valley Shale Terrace Zinfandel (196 cases, $42), 2018 Russian River Valley King Family Vineyard Pinot Noir (48 cases, $50), 2018 Platt Vineyard Pinot Noir (93 cases, $78), 2017 Russian River Valley Sasha Syrah (117 cases, $38)
- Scott Harvey Wines; 2021 Jana Rose of Barbera
- Smith Story Wine Cellars; 2021 Mendocino County Ros� (500 cases, $28)
- T-Vine Cellars; 2020 California Hallowed Ground Zinfandel/Mourv�dre/Grenache/Syrah/Petite Sirah ($32)
- Three Sticks Winery; 2021 Sonoma Coast Caste�ada Ros� ($45)
- Wade Cellars; 2020 California Three by Wade Cabernet Sauvignon ($28)
- Willful Wine Co. (formerly Daedalus Cellars); 2020 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir ($28), 2019 Ribbon Ridge Chardonnay ($26), 2020 Umpqua Valley Red Blend Tempranillo/Merlot (190 cases, $28)
- Young Inglewood; 2019 Napa Valley Oak Knoll Chardonnay (53 cases, $75), 2020 Aligot� (66 cases), 2021 Napa Valley St. Helena Vin Clair Ros� (40 cases)
- Youngberg Hill Vineyard; 2021 Pinot Gris, 2021 Pinot Blanc, 2021 Ros�
May 2022 Wine Releases
- Acorn Winery; 2021 Rosato
- Ceritas Wines; 2020 Charles Heintz Chardonnay, 2020 Zephyr Chardonnay, 2020 Elliott Pinot Noir, 2020 Trout Gulch Pinot Noir
- Dracaena Wines; 2021 Paso Robles Cordyline Ros�
- Helvetia Winery; 2021 Willamette Valley Tualatin Hills Estate Pinot Gris, 2021 Willamette Valley Tualatin Hills Estate Ros� of Pinot Noir
- Hesperian Wines; 2021 Anatomy No5 Chardonnay
- J Dusi Wines; 2019 Paper Street Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Lewis Cellars; 2020 Debbie's Cuvee
- Lobo Wines; 2019 Napa Valley Atlas Peak Merlot (50 cases, $70)
- Quivet Cellars; 2020 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, 2020 Napa Valley Pellet Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2020 Napa Valley Kenefick Ranch Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2020 Napa Valley Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 2020 Napa Valley Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyard Shiverick Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- Shafer Vineyards; 2020 Carneros Red Shoulder Ranch Chardonnay
WineRelease.com's Winery Newsletters and Mailing Lists Sign Up Page: Click here.
The following 102 winery information pages have been updated since March 15, 2022:
Wine Quote of the Month: "Fish, to taste good, must swim three times: in water, in butter, and in wine. Polish Proverb
Till next month.
Special thanks to the following sponsors of WineRelease.com:
Bonaccorsi Wine Company,
Gamba Vineyards and Winery,
Herb Lamb Vineyards,
Rocca Family Vineyards,
School House Vineyard,
Seven Stones Winery,
Stein Family Wines,
Steltzner Vineyards and
VIADER Vineyards & Winery.
They help make WineRelease possible.
About this newsletter: This is the monthly WineRelease email newsletter published on the 15th of every month by WineRelease.com listing wine releases for this and next month.
Copyright: We welcome and appreciate forwarding WineRelease publications in their entirety or in part with proper attribution: Source: 2020 WineRelease.com http://www.WineRelease.com
Legal Notices: While WineRelease.com used its best efforts in collecting and preparing the information published herein, WineRelease.com does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
Free Subscription: Subscriptions are free and sign-up is easy, just visit our home page.
Archives: Past newsletters can be found here: http://www.WineRelease.com/Past_Newsletters/Previous_newsletters.html
Contact: Email nmonnensATWineRelease.com and replace "AT" with"@".
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive this monthly Email, reply with the word "Remove" in the subject and you will be promptly removed from our mailing list. Alternatively you can write:
1592 Union St. #232
San Francisco, CA 94123